Friday, January 27, 2006

wedding assignment


entering
Originally uploaded by melisamok.


Recently I did my first assignment as the photographer for a friend’s brother’s wedding luncheon. They knew that I was interested in taking pictures. So there’s you go, she said. Here is your opportunity to snap all the way. I could feel the pressure was on me.

"I don’t want to mess up your brothers wedding picture! No no no…"

“Don’t worry, they would be doing their professional ‘studio’ wedding pictures.” she said. The wedding luncheon thing is just for you to snap snap snap… HA HA…
“Okay…” Still feeling a little bit uncomfortable. But still….

I don’t mind snapping pictures on the day it self. But being the ONE and only photographer there would be a real pressured for me.

I want to take pictures that were different from the others. You get what I mean? Being the one and only person who is taking pictures would mean that I would have to take the standard pictures like everyone else’s wedding luncheon/ceremony picture and not having enough time to snap it differently. I’m still learning to take shoot correctly and knowing myself I would be all stress out trying to take a perfect picture.


the wedding lucheon
Originally uploaded by melisamok.

Looking back at the pictures that I’ve taken, I could have done a better job if I could have calm myself down and made sure the aperture and shutter were rite and to direct the couple to pose differently.

Half of the shots were a disappointment to me.
Good pose but bad lighting,
Good lighting but it turned out blurred. ArGh …

Mostly the fast moving ones…
Going to the Brides house then the Chinese tea ceremony, then back to the Grooms place to have the grooms’ side of the tea ceremony. Then the families shoot. Then going around the house to find subjects that were different and things that the couple would enjoy looking back in a few years to come.

I realize that the pictures that look decent enough for the eye of a photographer were the pictures that I had time to select and adjust the rite aperture and shutter speed ….
Making sure that shoot look good.

I did enjoy the whole scene thou. If only there was a pro-photographer to learn from during the wedding luncheon. Kekeke…
It was a great experience. I can’t wait to go to another wedding to snap snap snap…. For the time being I would have to keep on practicing my snapping round the house.

No comments: