Friday, February 10, 2012

dumplings + lost holiday

I hate being sick, especially during a long holiday.
chills, body ache, headache, fever, sore throat, cough... the whole package.

Just when I think I'm feeling better, I feel 'sickly' again...

Anyway during the long holiday, I was sick of feeling 'sickly'.
So I tried to mentally psycho myself by making some dumplings.
I can't remember where I got the recipe from, but most of the dumpling recipe is more or less the same.
After looking throu, I remembered that I got the recipe from Jennifer Yu. Love the way she writes and her photos are really inspiring.

IMG_0455__ by melmok
photo by melmok

IMG_0459__ by melmok
photo by melmok

IMG_0460__ by melmok
photo by melmok

IMG_0461__ by melmok
photo by melmok

IMG_0464__ by melmok
photo by melmok

IMG_0469__ by melmok
photo by melmok


I particularly enjoyed making the dumpling wrapper/skin in the beginning but as I was half way filling it up with the meat, my mental psycho power ran out and I was feeling all 'sickly' again.

At that point in time, I just wanted to finish wrapping it so I could eat my lunch and get back to bed to rest....

IMG_0473__ by melmok
photo by melmok

After boiling it.
IMG_0474__ by melmok
photo by melmok


It's been more then week now, and i'm still having the whole sick package.
It still doesn't want to go awayyyy...!!
Well, the bright side is that I haven't been coughing green phlegm since yesterday, it's just dry cough now..
*cough * cough * cough *

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: